Setting up for Development
Detailed instructions for building VARS are available in the Mercurial repository at http://code.google.com/p/vars-redux/source/browse/README.txt. Be sure that you have the prerequisites listed in the README installed before attempting to build VARS.
Building VARS - the short course
Check out the source from version control using MercurialFor VCR annotations
hg clone https://vars-redux.googlecode.com/hg/ vars-reduxFor video file annotations
hg clone https://bschlining-with-file-support.googlecode.com/hg/ vars-redux
More details on Mercurial can be found at http://mercurial.selenic.com/
Build using Maven
cd vars-redux mvn clean install -P dev
Run the applications
- The VARS applications are packaged up as a zip file...go to it.
- Extract the zip file, vars-standalone-[VERSION]-scripting.zip
- In the extracted bin directory, you'll need to do the following:
- On Macs, Linux or Unix execute
chmod u+x *
- Start the database server using derbyStart(.bat)
- The first time you run VARS after a build you will need to run the Knowledgebase application in order to create an administrator account. Use knowledgebase(.bat) to start it.
- You can launch the annotation application using annotation(.bat) and the Query application using query(.bat)
- When you're done you can stop the database server using derbyStop(.bat)